Skip to main content

Historic buildings

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Annex 40 Historic American Buildings Survey

 Collection — Box MISC-16
Identifier: UNO-0208
Scope and Contents The collection is material assembled and created by Alley-Poyner Macchietto Architecture for the Historic American Buildings Survey for the University of Nebraska at Omaha's Annex 40, which was also known as the Kimball House and the William F. Baxter Residence. The folder includes a report, drawings, photos, and related information. The School of Social Work was housed in the building until 2007, when Annexes 40, 44, and 45 were razed to make room for student housing and a parking garage on...
Dates: 2007

Arts & Sciences Hall Framed Photograph, 1990

 Item — Frame ASH [1]
Scope and Contents

A framed photograph of Arts & Sciences Hall presented to William J. Gerbracht, Registrar of the Municipal University of Omaha and the University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1949-1990, "with gratitude and appreciation for service to" the universities.

Dates: 1990

Hotel Fontenelle Advertising Blotter, circa 1955

 Item — Box 3, Folder: 2020-001
Scope and Contents

A pink advertising blotter for the Hotel Fontenelle in downtown Omaha, Nebraska. In addition to text, there is a drawing of the building with people and cars at street-level. The text reads "Center of everything -- Hotel Fontenelle -- Omaha's Welcome to the World! -- Six floors of air conditioned sleeping rooms." The blotter is 7.5 cm H x 16 cm W.

Dates: circa 1955

Ophelia Hayden House Photographs, circa 1926

 File — Box unnumbered
Scope and Contents

Two photographs of the OphePhilia Hayden house located at 200 Elmwood Road, circa 1926. Matted in a single frame.

Dates: circa 1926

Stone from the Foundation of the Koch House, circa 1985

 Item — Object Koch House [1]
Scope and Contents Irregularly-shaped, rounded reddish-gray rock with some concrete on one side. This stone was once part of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Harry A. Koch, located at 301 South Elmwood Road in Omaha, Nebraska. Because of the rounded stones that made up the foundation, the residence was sometimes referred to as "Greyrocks" or "Red Rocks" (accounts by staff vary). Prior to serving as the Koch residence, the house had been the residence of Henry Doorly, publisher of the...
Dates: circa 1985