Showing Collections: 3241 - 3257 of 3257
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence between Wyn Reddall and numerous quilters and quilt historians. It also includes correspondence from the American Quilt Studies Group (AQSG) office concerning quilt researchers, quilt organizations, authors, and others. The collection includes files concerning research about pieced-letter quilts and about a number of individual quilters. Finally, it includes newsletters, book announcements, and assorted quilt-related cards, photographs, calendars, and...
Scope and Contents The materials include an article about "The Great Midwest Quilt Show and Sale," a booklet about the show that contains advice on how to buy an antique quilt. There are several publications produced for quilt shows and museum exhibits, with a catalog for the show "Marie Webster Quilts: A Retrospective," held at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in 1991. The collection contains a piece of centennial fabric from the back of an 1880s quilt.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two photo negatives showing Y group activities.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The records of the YMCA of Greater Omaha include material from the organization’s founding in the 19th century through the 21st century. Material documenting board meetings from the 1880s to the early 21st century is nearly complete. Also included are: newsletters and newspapers, fundraising material, membership information, marketing material, photographs (bulk 1970s-1990s), scrapbooks, and a small amount of media formats including VHS videotapes. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings...
Scope and Contents The materials include several copies of the YAF Nebraska Chapter newsletter "Upright."
Scope and Contents The collection consists of five photo negatives showing members and activities of the Young Democrats.
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence, proposed programs, student handbooks, event programs, conference brochures, annual reports, newsletters, photographs, and member information from the University of Nebraska Lincoln's YMCA.
Collection — Box: MISC-11, Folder: MSS-0082
Content Description Diary of a young woman from a privileged background writing in the first half of the 1920s. Topics covered in her diary entries include yacht clubs, dancing, parties, golfing, tennis, trips to New York and California, as well as other topics. Places mentioned include White Sulphur, New Brighton, Farmington, Rolling Rock, New York, Bellows Falls, and others. The diary begins on November 6, 1920, and continues through 1924. The diarist’s birthday is December 1st and she is 19 years old when she...
Collection — Box: MISC-03, Folder: MSS-0057
Content Description The collection was created by an unidentified young woman and includes her diary with entries from January-July 1942 and six letters from January-February 1944. The diary begins with a brief recap of 1941 and continues to document the author’s interest in securing a civil service position in Washington, D.C. during World War II, working in government positions (including doing indexing) and the Observer newspaper, listening to President Franklin Roosevelt on the radio, and other facets of her...
Scope and Contents The majority of the records deal with the internal workings of the Y.W.C.A. The materials contain correspondence, minutes of meetings, fiscal records, reports, and lists of officers. The papers also contain information on projects, circulars and brochures, programs, and articles. There are two manuscripts: one of Norma Kidd Green's book The First Seventy-Five Years, 1884-1959, of the Young Women's Christian Association of the University of Nebraska and a...
Collection — Other: 1-3
Collection — Other: 005
- Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries 2706
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections 415
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Special Collections 136
- Photographs 403
- records (documents) 153
- correspondence 103
- photographs 98
- personal papers 88
- Sports 79
- Women 57
- Scrapbooks 56
- scrapbooks 56
- Agriculture 53
- clippings (information artifacts) 53
- diaries 40
- World War, 1939-1945 37
- books 31
- Intercollegiate Athletics 29
- programs (documents) 28
- Education 25
- cultural artifacts 25
- audiocassettes 24
- posters 24 ∧ less
- University of Nebraska at Omaha 78
- Municipal University of Omaha 59
- University of Omaha (1908-1931) 25
- Cather, Willa, 1873-1947 14
- University of Nebraska. State Museum 14
- University of Nebraska 9
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Criss Library 8
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. University Library 8
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History 7
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education 6
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Information Science and Technology 6
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. University Libraries 6
- Municipal University of Omaha. Air Force ROTC 5
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Arts and Sciences 5
- Bail, Philip Milo 4
- Hofschire, Shari 4
- Municipal University of Omaha. Board of Regents 4
- North Platte Experiment Station 4
- Ruetz, Robert G. 4
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Alumni Association 4 ∧ less