Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection contains a English/Spanish recipe book “Comidas Rapidas y Faciles Por Menos” created by the University of New Hampshire. This cookbook is a two week menu designed for Hispanic people living inside the United States. The aim of the cookbook is to provide quick and easy meals that represent Latin American traditions with balanced nutrition and low cost recipes that also fit the lifestyle of people in the U.S.
This collection contains 2 copies of the Food Preparation manual translated into Spanish, NEP Handout L BL7-S, created by County Extension Office and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Nutrition Education Program (NEP). The manual covers topics like working with recipes, working with ingredients, kitchen equipment, food and kitchen safety and creating meals and snacks. Recipes for Master Mix and Magic Mix are also included in the back of the manual.
The collection consists of the personal papers of Joseph Josten and includes correspondence, photographs, various subject files, news clippings, and newspapers. The materials relate mainly to Josten's work as a journalist during and after World War II.
This collection was donated to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln by Luis Romero in September of 1979. It consists of manuscripts, newspaper clippings, and minor writings by or about Romero.
The Montaldo, Icarian Papers (1848-1910) contains correspondence, military, and other government documents that document the Montaldo family’s involvement in the Icarian Community, a socialist utopian society located in Nauvoo, Illinois and Icaria, Iowa from 1848-1895.
Correspondents include Ignacio Montaldo, Perico Montaldo, Celina Montaldo, George Montaldo, Hortense Montaldo, Étienne Cabet, and A.A. Marchand.
Collection of oral history interviews on the experiences of Latinx peoples in Omaha during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Interviews collected by Office of Latino and Latin American Studies (OLLAS) Director Cristián Doña-Reveco in partnership with University of Texas at Austin Voces Oral History Project. Most interviews were conducted by Director Doña-Reveco. Some interviews were conducted by Dr. Isabelle Beulaygue.
- Language: Spanish; Castilian X
- Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries 8
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections 2
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Special Collections and Archives 1
- Photographs 3
- Agriculture 2
- Cooking 2
- Food 2
- Nutrition 2
- Travel 2
- cookbooks 2
- Bank notes 1
- COVID-19 (Disease) 1
- Cruise ships 1
- Cuba 1
- Curare 1
- Currency 1
- Czechoslovakia -- History -- Intervention, 1968 1
- Czechoslovakia -- Politics and government 1
- Czechs -- Foreign countries -- Correspondence 1
- Czechs -- Great Britain 1
- France 1
- Germany 1
- Hispanic Americans 1 + ∧ less
- English 9
- French 4
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Chinese 1
- Doña-Reveco, Cristian Alberto 2
- Beulaygue, Isabelle 1
- Cabet, Étienne, 1788-1856 1
- Conklin, Clara, ?-1944 1
- Doku, Yuriko 1
- Gouveia, Lourdes 1
- Icarian Community 1
- Josten, Josef, 1913-1985 1
- McIntyre, A. R. (Archibald Ross), 1902-1978 1
- Papanek, Jan, 1896-1991 1
- Ripka, Hubert, 1895-1958 1
- Romero, Luis 1
- Shile, Ruby Wilder 1
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of Latino/Latin American Studies 1
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Extension Nutrition Education Program 1 + ∧ less