Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
General materials, brochures, and publications from the Department of Animal Science, 1978-2000.
The Charles Adams, Animal Science Papers include materials on the history of the Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska livestock and meat judging teams, animal science course syllabi and lectures, livestock experiments and data, conference materials, publications, newspaper articles, and the Department of Animal Science photograph file.
This collection consists of the papers of Marvel L. Baker and includes his own writings, articles on Baker, and photographs. Included in his writings is an autobiography, titled One Goosenest Wasp (Notes to his Grandchildren).
Animal Science, Publications consists of historic articles, research bulletins, and other publications collected by the Department of Animal Science for use as a library reference file. The library was stored in a file cabinet and its subject headings and arrangement are original. Items within each subject were arranged by publication date for ease of access.
The R.B. Warren, Animal Science Papers consists of membership rosters, competition scores, and team photographs of the University of Nebraska Livestock Judging Teams from 1909-1995. The papers contain glass slides and negatives of animal husbandry presentations on horses and livestock temperature. Significant materials include a unique 1883 tintype of cow, known as Nellie Hopewell, sweepstake winner of the Danville, Illinois Fair.
- Agriculture 4
- Photographs 4
- Animal nutrition 3
- Cattle 3
- Meat industry and trade 2
- Slaughtering and slaughter-houses 2
- Swine 2
- Agriculture -- Nebraska 1
- Cattle -- Feeding and feeds 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Middle West 1
- Horses 1
- Livestock--Genetics 1
- Livestock--Judging 1
- Refrigeration and refrigerating machinery 1 ∧ less
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Department of Animal Science 4
- Adams, Charles H., 1903-2003 3
- Block and Bridle Club, 1919- 2
- Baker, Marvel L., 1895-1977 1
- Loeffel, William J., 1894-1962 1
- Warren, Richard B., 1925-2003 1 ∧ less