Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 3132
American Association of University Professors University of Nebraska at Omaha Chapter (UNO AAUP) Records
The UNO AAUP Records consist of meeting minutes, newsletters, and organizational records extending from 1941-1989. Also included are court pleadings and transcripts created during the UNO AAUP’s efforts to obtain recognition from the University of Nebraska Board of Regents as the collective bargaining agent for the UNO faculty. The collection also holds recordings pertaining to grievances that addressed gender inequity in pay for UNO faculty.
The bulk of materials in the general correspondence files relate to collective bargaining efforts, a possible merger with AFT-Omaha, and regular business of the Local. Documents in the subject files include reports, questionnaires, faculty polls, information sheets, and related correspondence. Major projects of the such as the library study and faculty salary studies constitute separate subject folders.
The collection consists of two photographic prints and four negatives showing American Institute of Chemical Engineers members.
The collection consists of one photographic print and five negatives showing members of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers.
The collection consists of an informational flyer about the American Society for Personnel Administration.
The collection consists of two photographic prints and five negatives showing members of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
The collection consists of portions of The Nebraska Farmer magazines containing Amy Bruner Almy’s short stories, “Out Wild Turkey Way,” from November 24, 1934, and “Christmas In-Between,” from December 22, 1934.
The collection consists of the personal papers of Anatole Mazour and includes correspondence, manuscripts, articles and reprints, journals and magazines, souvenir programs, travel information, newspaper clippings, photographs, and oversized materials. The majority of the materials relate to Mazour's research on Russian history and culture.
The collection consists of four letters from Andy Adams addressed to “Dear Bob” dating from 1925, 1926, 1928, and 1934; a telegram; and newspaper clippings from the 1920s-1940 discussing Adams’ career. In the letters Adams writes about his published novels, a manuscript he is working on, and rejections from publishers.
The Angel Flight collection includes matted portraits of honorary colonels and flight leaders from the 1950s and three scrapbooks from the 1950s through 1978. Two of the three scrapbooks have been disassembled; each of the scrapbooks has customized covers including decorations. The scrapbooks include photographs, news clippings, programs, artifacts, and other material documenting the activities and members of the Angel Flight and Air Force ROTC at the university.
The collection of correspondence related to animal pathology includes files on hogs, cattle, horses, and other topics. Two boxes of materials focus on hog cholera in 1917-1918.
Records of the Department of Animal Pathology.
General materials, brochures, and publications from the Department of Animal Science, 1978-2000.
“Animal Science Newsletter” published by the Animal Science Department from 1980 to 1996.
Handwritten notebook entitled “Practice in First Term Sewing,” created by Anna Brown from the Kansas State Agricultural College Domestic Science Department in 1904. The notebook contains instructions for different sewing techniques such as overcasting, French seams, sewing on buttons, feather stitching, patches, joining and cutting lace, and others. Each section is accompanied by a hand-sewn fabric example.
This collection consists of a typed reminiscence, "Lord Tennyson as I Knew Him," told by Mrs. Anna Wheeler Harris, 1917. The three-page manuscript describes Harris’s impression of Alfred Tennyson and some of her experiences working as a governess to his children. Also included is a half page of biographical information about Anna Wheeler Harris and her immediate family.
Scrapbook documenting University of Omaha student life includes postcards from the region, holiday cards (Thanksgiving, New Year, Christmas), cards, invitations, programs, tickets, and other ephemera and similar. The scrapbook was printed with the university's name and seal.
- Language: English X
- Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries 2664
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections 452
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Special Collections and Archives 14
- University of Nebraska at Kearney Archives and Special Collections 2
- Photographs 424
- Agriculture 222
- records (documents) 172
- photographs 157
- correspondence 143
- personal papers 101
- Scrapbooks 96
- newsletters 95
- Sports 80
- Quilts 71
- clippings (information artifacts) 64
- Agriculture -- Nebraska 49
- World War, 1939-1945 48
- Student organizations 47
- diaries 44
- Universities and colleges--Administration 36
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 35
- programs (documents) 32
- Intercollegiate Athletics 30
- audiocassettes 30 ∧ less
- Czech 24
- German 13
- Spanish; Castilian 9
- French 7
- Russian 4
- Chinese 3
- Italian 2
- Japanese 2
- Slovak 2
- Swedish 2
- Vietnamese 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- German, Middle High (ca.1050-1500) 1
- Hindi 1
- Croatian 1
- Hungarian 1
- Korean 1
- Latin 1
- Latvian 1 ∧ less
- University of Nebraska at Omaha 78
- Municipal University of Omaha 58
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Department of Agronomy and Horticulture 33
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. International Quilt Museum 26
- University of Omaha (1908-1931) 25
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum 22
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. University Libraries 18
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Academic Senate 17
- Cather, Willa, 1873-1947 14
- University of Nebraska. State Museum 14
- American Quilt Study Group 13
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication 11
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln. College of Education and Human Sciences 10
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Department of Food Science and Technology 10
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture-Curtis 9
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Department of Biological Systems Engineering. 9
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Criss Library 8
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. University Library 8
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History 7
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln. College of Journalism and Mass Communications 7 ∧ less