Josef V. Tománek, Czech Heritage Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is made up of Czech and English writings by Tománek. Most of the writings discuss the Communist and Soviet governments in Eastern Europe. Also included is sheet music for anti-communist songs, with Tománek, as the lyricist. Materials include publications from published Hlas - Voice, notes for Internacionale, the anti-communist anthem, sheet music and lyrics by Tománek, a message to the democratic governments and delegates of the peace conference in Madrid, Spain, and programs from events organized by Circle of Music and Poetry Lovers (Krouzek milovniku hudby a poezie). In English, Czech, and Russian.
- Tománek, Josef V., 1912-2012 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
Biographical / Historical
Josef Vaclav Toman-Tománek was born November 19, 1912 in Kupicov/Volyne (Czech Republic). He served in the Czechoslovak military in the USSR. He emigrated to the U.S. in 1950, returning in 2000 to the Czech Republic.
0.01 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Anti-communist movements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Communism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Czechoslovakia -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- sheet music Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries Repository
Archives & Special Collections
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
P.O. Box 884100
Lincoln NE 68588-4100 United States