Skip to main content

Brace Lab, Physics Records

 Collection — Box: 001
Identifier: RG-12-18-01

Scope and Contents

The records consist of catalogues and manuals for equipment, instruments, and apparatus, as well as publications, articles, and notes about historical instruments and apparatus. The records also consists of photocopies of slides related to astronomy, computation books and notebooks, inventory receipts, observatory blueprints, and a protractor and whole circle.

Dates

  • 1900-2009

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

The records are only minimally processed but are open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Property rights and copyright reside with the University of Nebraska. For permission to reproduce or to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections.

Biographical / Historical

The Brace Laboratory of Physics was named in honor of DeWitt Bristol Brace, chair of the Department of Physics, who died of blood poisoning in October 1905 just as the building was nearing completion. Brace was instrumental in the planning and development of the physics facility. The building name was accepted by the Board of Regents in December 1905. It was formally christened as the Brace Laboratory of Physics on Founders Day, February 15, 1906.

Extent

1 Linear Feet (1 box)

Language of Materials

English

Status
Unprocessed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Sarah Glover, 2022.
Date
(cc) 2022
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries Repository

Contact:
Archives & Special Collections
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
P.O. Box 884100
Lincoln NE 68588-4100 United States
402-472-2531