Association of Women Students, Student Life Records
Scope and Contents
The majority of the materials deal with the internal workings of the Association of Women Students (AWS) and include correspondence, minutes of meetings, a constitution with revisions, and officer lists. AWS activities are documented through scrapbooks and photographs.
- Majority of material found within 1911-1970
The first meeting of the Association of Women Students (AWS) occured on May 26, 1911. Occasionally the organization used the name was also known as the Women's Self Government Association (WSGA). The purpose of the organization was to cooperate with the Associate Dean for Women to establish and enforce rules governing women living in university residence halls. In addition, the Association founded and organized the Coed Follies, a farcical theatrical program performed annually. The AWS disbanded on April 8, 1970.
Language of Materials
- Association of Women Students. University of Nebraska--Lincoln.
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Education -- United States Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries Repository
Archives & Special Collections
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
P.O. Box 884100
Lincoln NE 68588-4100 United States