Lavender Couch Records
The records of Lavender Couch include fliers, posters, and photographs documenting the alternative rock, all-lesbian band's shows or gigs in Omaha, Lincoln, and other locales. Publicity photos and casual photos of band members are also available. A small number of contracts or agreements are part of the collection along with ephemera such as a sticker. A copy of the band's eponymous 1994 audiocassette tape is part of the collection.
- Lavender Couch (Musical Group) (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. The audiocassette tape has been digitized and all access to the music is available only via digitized audio. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
0.2 Cubic Feet (3 folders, 1 audiocassette tape) : Audiocassette Tapes; Photographs; Posters; Fliers; Correspondence
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Lavender Couch band member Cami Rawlings loaned the material to Emily Brush, OPS, for use by students and Emily delivered to Archives & Special Collections in Summer 2018 with consent of Rawlings.
- Alternative rock music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lavender Couch (Musical Group)
- Lesbian musicians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Omaha Music Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Queer Omaha Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rawlings, Cami (Donor, Person)
- Lavender Couch Records
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States