Robert Gilmer and René Orduña Papers
The Robert Gilmer and René Orduña collection is composed of personal and professional material from Gilmer and Orduña’s lives together. Most of the material covers the lives of Gilmer and Orduña in Omaha from the period after they left New York City in 1986 through the 2010s. The collection includes photographs, posters, programs, items from Gilmer and Orduña's wedding, and news coverage of Dixie Quicks, René Orduña, and RNG Gallery.
- circa 1980-2018
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
0.75 Cubic Feet (2 boxes, 2 framed posters) : Photographs, Correspondence, Posters, Menus, Programs
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Donated by Robert N. Gilmer in April 2018.
- Art galleries, Commercial Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gilmer, Robert N.
- Married people Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orduña, René
- Queer Omaha Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Restaurants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sexual minorities -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Weddings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- menus Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States