Grace Leland Papers
The papers of Grace Leland includes over 20 letters and cards addressed to Mrs. Grace Leland at street addresses in Eagle Rock and San Diego, California and Alexandria Bay, New York from multiple correspondents. Grace Leland’s maiden name was Smalley and her husband’s name was Dwight Leland as both names are used in some the addresses on the envelopes. Also included in the collection are about a dozen letters addressed to Schuyler Crowden at St. Stephens College in Annandale-on-Hudson and Nyack, New York in 1922-1924 from his girlfriend or friend Marnie in Montpelier, Vermont. It is unclear without further research how or if the letter writers and recipients are related or otherwise connected. Further research is required.
- Leland, Grace (Correspondent, Person)
- Leland, Dwight (Correspondent, Person)
- Crowden, Schuyler (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
0.05 Cubic Feet (1 folder) : Correspondence
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Purchased on ebay from seller salvationarmystore on 1/8/2018.
- California Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Couples Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Men Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New York (State) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vermont Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Grace Leland Papers
- Amy Schindler, Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States