Academic Freedom Coalition of Nebraska (AFCON) Records
The records of the Academic Freedom Coalition of Nebraska (AFCON) include meeting minutes, brochures, membership lists, budgets, special projects, events, and other material documenting the organization's activities. The organization has advocated for legislation at the state level as well as advocated for the University of Nebraska to adopt an academic freedom statement for all campuses.
- circa 2010-2017
- Academic Freedom Coalition of Nebraska (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restriction: No email addresses will be made available online. No membership lists containing personal contact information will be made available online. Otherwise, the collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
2 Cubic Feet (5 boxes) : Correspondence, Brochures, Meeting minutes, Annual Meetings, ACLU, ALA, NLA, NAACP
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Donated by Linda Parker, current treasurer and a past president of AFCON, in June 2017 and February 2018.
- Academic Freedom Coalition of Nebraska
- Academic freedom Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Intellectual freedom Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public interest groups -- Nebraska Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parker, Linda (Donor, Person)
- Academic Freedom Coalition of Nebraska (AFCON) Records
- In Progress
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States