Dorothy Patach Papers
The papers of Dorothy Patach document her travels around the United States and international trips, her community involvement, and her career in nursing and nursing education. Documentation of Patach’s trips include scrapbooks, photographs, postcards, and ephemera from the 1930s to the late 20th century. Patach traveled throughout Nebraska and the Midwest, the West, and other parts of the U.S. There were many trips to California especially as her father worked in California for many years and in the summers Dorothy and her mother would travel from Omaha to see her father in California. The documentation of trips also includes a trip to China as part of an international nursing education group in the mid-1980s after President Ronald Reagan’s visit in 1984. Calendar pages from an Omaha Chinese restaurant with stereotypical depictions of Chinese people are also from this time period. Patach also visited Eastern Europe in the 1980s. The collection also includes a mid-1920s minute book for the South Omaha July 4th celebration association of which her father was the secretary, a group photo of employees of the Omaha companyIten Biscuit Co. (Dorothy’s father is a tall man in a suit on the right side of the photo), and other family photos and albums or scrapbooks.
- circa 1910-2015
- Patach, Dorothy (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
3.21 Cubic Feet (9 boxes) : Photographs, Postcards, Reports, Ledgers
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
The donor is the creator of all material or inherited material from her family. She donated these materials to the Criss Library Archives & Special Collections in November 2016.
- China -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Europe, Eastern -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nebraska -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nurses -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women travelers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- official reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- picture postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Patach, Dorothy (Donor, Person)
- Dorothy Patach Papers
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States