Imperial Court of Nebraska Records
The records of the Imperial Court of Nebraska (ICON) include photographs, albums documenting twelve of ICON’s reigns, newsletters circa 1996-2000, and one binder containing other ICON documents such as copies of incorporation documents, correspondence, and other material. The photographs are largely unidentified and require arrangement and description. The albums for twelve of ICON’s reigns include programs, fliers, news clippings, photographs, and other material documenting the reigns of the empresses, emperors, and their courts.
New material received on 2017-07-20: Imperial Court of Nebraska 2017 Coronation programs, invitations, and promotional fliers.
- circa 1980-2016
- Imperial Court of Nebraska (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
5.0 Cubic Feet (7 boxes, 4 photo boxes) : Photographs, programs, Scrapbooks, Fliers
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
ICON President Gary West transferred the records to Malichi Kinnison with the intention that the material would be delivered to Criss Library Archives & Special Collections. The collection was received on August 29, 2016.
New material received on 2017-07-20: Received from unknown ICON board members.
- Benefit performances -- Nebraska Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charities -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Imperial Court of Nebraska
- Queer Omaha Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sexual minorities -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Imperial Court of Nebraska Records
- In Progress
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 3rd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States