American Association of University Professors University of Nebraska at Omaha Chapter (UNO AAUP) Records
The UNO AAUP Records consist of meeting minutes, newsletters, and organizational records extending from 1941-1989. Also included are court pleadings and transcripts created during the UNO AAUP’s efforts to obtain recognition from the University of Nebraska Board of Regents as the collective bargaining agent for the UNO faculty. The collection also holds recordings pertaining to grievances that addressed gender inequity in pay for UNO faculty.
- 1941 - 1993
- American Association of University Professors. University of Nebraska at Omaha Chapter (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
2.48 Cubic Feet (8 boxes) : Newsletters, Meeting minutes, Correspondence, Court Proceedings
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into the series legal documents and administrative documents.
The records were for a number of years passed from president to president and were at some point stored in Prof. David Corbin’s garage before being transferred to Jim Shaw in October 2015. Jim Shaw reviewed and organized the records before they were transferred to Criss Library Archives & Special Collections on September 21, 2016. Jay Irwin, UNO AAUP President, signed the donor agreement.
- American Association of University Professors. University of Nebraska at Omaha Chapter
- Collective bargaining -- College teachers -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Equal pay for equal work Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- civil court records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- American Association of University Professors University of Nebraska at Omaha Chapter (UNO AAUP) Records
- In Progress
- Matthew Slisik, Amy Schindler, Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States