UNO Women’s Resource Center Student Agency Records
The records of the UNO Women’s Resource Center student agency include administrative material created by the student agency as well as print and digital photographs (circa 1995-2014) and newsletters (circa 1995-1998) documenting the organization’s activities. A statement of purpose for the Women’s Resource from 1977 is the oldest document in the collection. The collection includes twelve signs created for the 2015 Homecoming drag show; one sign was deliberately ripped as part of that show's production. Twelve folders were transferred from the University Archives File Cabinet Collection. The folder titles are: Information Concerning the Center, Miscellaneous Information, Programs, Publications--"Campus Resources Handbook," Publications--"On Women" 1985-1989, Publications--"W.R.C. Network" (Began: June 27, 1994), Publications--"W.R.C. Newsletter" 1981-1984, Publications--"Reflections" 1977-1981, Publications--"Women Aloud" (Began with issue #2, November, 1992. Issue #1 (dated August, 1992) was entitled: "Women's Resource Center Newsletter"), Publications--"Women's Resource Center Guide To Publicity," Developed by Helene Quigley, 1985, Publications--"Women's Resource Center Newsletter" 1990-1992 (Became "Women Aloud" with the November, 1992 issue), Reports--Quarterly Report to the Student Senate.
- circa 1977, 1995-2015
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Women's Resource Center Student Agency (Creator, Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
0.5 Cubic Feet (2 boxes) : Correspondence, Manual, Photographs, Newsletters, Flyers
0.5 Cubic Feet (12 signs)
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
These materials were in the offices of the UNO Women’s Resource Center and Gender and Gender Sexual Orientation Student Agencies. The materials were tranferred to University Archives in April 2016. Twelve folders that were previously part of the University Archives File Cabinet Collection were transferred to this record group on October 2, 2018.
Beach balls, t-shirts, and banners related to the UNO Queer & Trans Services (QTS) student agency were separated from this collection and added to the UNO Artifact Collection.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Women's Resource Center Student Agency
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- digital images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- manuals (instructional materials) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- signs (declatory or advertising artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- UNO Women’s Resource Center Student Agency Records
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States