Omicron Delta Kappa Records
Scope and Contents
The records of UNO's chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, 1949-2001, include two scrapbooks and a ledger of meeting minutes. The earliest scrapbook includes material about the Arrow Society, ODK's predecessor on the OU campus in 1949.
New material added 2017-05-08: This collection includes materials generated while organizing ODK breakfasts, initiations, and other events—including correspondence, programs, and photographic slides. A few ODK-related VHS videotapes are also included, as well as the large wooden key symbol specially made in 1995 in honor of the 45th anniversary of the UNO ODK Circle.
New material added 2017-11-13: Framed original document of the Omicron Delta Kappa Alumni Circle charter, dated April 22, 1995.
- Omicron Delta Kappa (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
3.08 Cubic Feet (5 boxes, 1 loose artifact)
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Received by Criss Library prior to 2014. Accession details are incomplete or absent.
New material added 2017-05-08: Rita Henry, retired Assistant to the UNO Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, was a sponsor of the UNO Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa, a student leadership honor society. Rita said that it appeared that the UNO ODK Circle was going to fold so she thought these materials should be added to University Archives.
New material added 2017-11-13: Rita Henry discovered this framed 1995 ODK Alumni Charter in storage at the UNO Alumni House. Since the original 1950 University of Omaha ODK Charter is stored in University Archives, Rita believed it was important to keep the two documents together.
- Greek letter societies -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Municipal University of Omaha
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- VHS (TM) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- charters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- cultural artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- slides (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Omicron Delta Kappa Records
- Angela Kroeger; Amy Schindler; Les Valentine
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 3rd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States