Joe H. Baker Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection of Joe H. Baker documents his time as a University of Omaha student and president of the OU Alumni Association in 1950-1951. Included are yearbooks, scrapbooks, photographs, correspondence, a pen given to Baker at the conclusion of his term of service to the Alumni Association, and his freshman beanie cap bearing his class year 1943. Of note in the scrapbooks are newsletters of the Alumni Association, news clippings, programs, and similar material. A wooden sign reading "Keep out Baker's victory garden," presumably from the World War II era, includes carrots and tomatoes painted on the sign.
- circa 1942-1951
- Baker, Joe H. (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
0.8 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Received by Criss Library prior to 2014. Accession details are incomplete or absent.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Emily R. Baker on June 21, 2004.
- Baker, Joe H.
- Municipal University of Omaha
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- cultural artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- school yearbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- souvenir programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Joe H. Baker Collection
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Amy Schindler
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States