Clarence (Gene) Sage Collection
Scope and Contents
The Clarence (Gene) Sage Collection includes photographs, news clippings, souvenir programs, books, ephemera, and artifacts, such as textiles and a bank in the shape of a football player, related to football at the University of Omaha, circa 1952-1956. Much of the material relates to the Tangerine Bowl victory on January 1, 1955, including a scrapbook featuring the game on the cover and a commemorative wristwatch and belt buckle presented to OU football players following the victorious season.
- Sage, Clarence Gene (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
0.75 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
0.5 Cubic Feet
0.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Received by Criss Library prior to 2014. Accession details are incomplete or absent.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Gene Sage in 2004.
- Football Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sage, Clarence Gene
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tangerine Bowl (Football Game), 1955 Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- cultural artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- memorabilia Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- souvenir programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clarence (Gene) Sage Collection
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Amy Schindler
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States