Bertha Mengedoht Hatz Collection
Small collection consisting of reproduced documents pertaining to Bertha Mengedoht Hatz, arts patron and donor to the University of Omaha. Items in the collection include family photographs, newspaper clippings relating to Hatz’s donations and her 1963 postmortem endowment to the University of Omaha, a photograph of Hatz’s donated items on display, and a photocopy of Hatz’s last will and testament.
- circa 1900 to 1963
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
The Conditions Governing Access policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
Conditions Governing Use
The Conditions Governing Use policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
0.1 Cubic Feet (1 folder) : Photographs; Newspaper clippings; Photocopy
Language of Materials
These materials had been gathered over the years by several successive chairs of the UNO Department of Art and Art History. The bulk of the materials were transferred to the University Archives in 2015 by Bob Carlson, upon his retirement from that position. In 2021, the UNO College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media transferred a photocopy of the last will and testament of Bertha Mengedoht Hatz to University Archives.
- Hatz, Bertha Mengedoht (Patron)
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Carlson, Robert E. (Donor, Person)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of Art and Art History (Collector, Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media (Donor, Organization)
- Bertha Mengedoht Hatz Collection
- Angela Kroeger; Les Valentine; Amy Schindler; David DeYarman (2022)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States