University Communications UNO Staff Files Collection
The Office of University Communications kept these staff files handy in case a photo or other information about a member of the UNO staff, faculty, or administrator was needed for a press release or internal statement.
- circa 1960s-2015
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of University Communications (Creator, Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of University Relations (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is closed for research use until University Archives staff review the material and remove personal information and photographs. Consult Archives and Special Collections staff for assistance. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
9 Cubic Feet (9 boxes) : Correspondence; Other papers; Newspaper Clippings; Photographs; Personnel sheets
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Parts of this collection have been stored by the UNO Office of University Communications for over fifty years. Movement of Communications staff into a newly remodeled space prompted the transfer of these files to University Archives.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of University Communications -- Records and correspondence
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of University Relations -- Records and correspondence
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Henriksen, Ryan (Donor, Person)
- University Communications UNO Staff Files Collection
- In Progress
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Les Valentine
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States