UNO Office of Latino/Latin American Studies (OLLAS) Records
The records of the Office of Latino/Latin American Studies (OLLAS) at UNO document its operations and activities beginning from its founding in 2003. OLLAS staff meticulously documented the unit's activities and compiled fliers, posters, news coverage, documents, and material into binders for each academic year and special event (Cinemateca, Cumbre, etc.). The research work of OLLAS is represented in reports, grants, and related material. The collection does not contain student records, but student activities, such as programs, events, study abroad, etc., are represented. The office files document OLLAS operations, such as staff retreats, and may also contain material used for research and background.
- Creation: 2002-2022
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Office of Latino/Latin American Studies (Creator, Organization)
- Gouveia, Lourdes (Creator, Person)
- Doña-Reveco, Cristian Alberto (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
The Conditions Governing Access policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
Conditions Governing Use
The Conditions Governing Use policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
32 Cubic Feet (32 boxes) : correspondence; fliers
Language of Materials
Collection is currently being arranged and described.
Records were compiled and stored by OLLAS staff since the unit was established in 2003. Transferred to University Archives by OLLAS Assistant Director Yuriko Doku on May 18, 2022. Received by Amy Schindler, Lori Schwartz, Abby Cape, and Angela Kroeger.
The office is anticipated to transfer new materials to the archives on an irregular schedule.
Posters for OLLAS events were transferred to the UNO Poster Collection (UNO-0045). Publications, such as El Perico, were removed from the collection and transferred to Archives and Special Collections' book collections and can be found by searching the library's catalog.
The Statement on Harmful Materials of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
- Doku, Yuriko (Donor, Person)
- UNO Office of Latino/Latin American Studies (OLLAS) Records
- In Progress
- Accessioned by Amy Schindler and Angela Kroeger in 2022. Arranged and described by project staff Kassian Lemke-Elznicin 2022 and student employees Diego Najera, Amani Townsley, and Sean Summerfelt in 2023.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- American Library Association’s American Rescue Plan: Humanities Grants for Libraries (August-September 2022); ORCA Work-Study Student Research grant (February-May 2023); Goldstein Center for Human Rights Faculty Research grant (May-December 2023).
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States