Omaha Symphony Guild Records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Omaha Symphony Guild document events organized by the group as well as governance functions of the board of directors from circa 1990-2011 with gaps in the records. Organizational records include the secretary’s notebooks (2003-2006), treasurer’s notebooks and reports (1999-2005, Omaha Symphony Guild Advisor, as well as material created by other officers including the President, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, President-Elect, Vice President for Administration, Vice President for Education. The organizational records also include volunteer history files for potential guild volunteers. Annual events and fundraising activities documented in the collection include the Valentine Tea, Table Art (2005-2010), Victorian Tea (2003-2006), Showhouse (circa 1991- 1995), and the Debutante Ball.
New material added 2015-05-21: The accession contains a smattering of material from throughout the Omaha Symphony Guild’s history including: two photographs of Omaha Symphony Guild meetings, 1950 (the first annual luncheon or meeting) and 1958; news clippings, circa 1980s; Omaha Symphony performance programs, 2012; Table Art material, 2012-2013; membership directories, 2011-2014; Omaha Symphony Guild Day Proclamation from the City of Omaha, 2007; Annual luncheon material, 2015; and four display boards containing news clippings, photographs, and other material assembled for the Omaha Symphony Guild’s 40th anniversary.
New material added 2019-11-25: Scrapbooks and albums documenting the Omaha Symphony Guild's activities and anniversaries along with newsletters, programs, and related material from the 1970s to the 2010s.
New material added 2020-01-24: Additional material about the Omaha Symphony Guild's annual Debutante Ball, circa 2000-2011.
- Majority of material found within 1990-2011
- Omaha Symphony Guild (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
The Conditions Governing Access policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
Conditions Governing Use
The Conditions Governing Use policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
37.5 Cubic Feet : Format types: Reports, programs, invitations, photographs, photo albums, news clippings; scrapbooks; correspondence; newsletters
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
The material was created by various members of the Omaha Symphony Guild and gathered by board members on an irregular basis who stored the records in a storage unit in Omaha for a number of years.
New material added 2015-05-21: Omaha Symphony Guild President Courtney Hellman found the display boards in the Guild'’s storage locker; and the other material was received from Guild members in 2014-2015.
New material added 2019-11-25. Received from Omaha Symphony Guild.
New material added 2020-01-24: Binders gathered from multiple past chairs of the Debutante Ball.
The Statement on Harmful Materials of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
- Omaha Symphony Guild -- Records and correspondence
- Performing arts -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- administrative reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- invitations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Omaha Symphony Guild (Donor, Organization)
- Omaha Symphony Guild Records
- Amy Schindler; Omaha Symphony Guild; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 4th edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States