Omaha COVID-19 Collection
Scope and Contents
The Omaha Covid-19 collection was created to document the experiences of the Omaha community during the covid-19 pandemic. The collection includes paper and digital materials from muliple donors. Contributers include Omaha businesses, Omaha community members, and UNO. Currently, the collection includes materials from 2020 to the present, as of February 10th, 2021, but collection is ongoing and will continue to grow. Some of the digital materials are available at covid19Omaha.omeka.net.
- 9 March 2020 - 10 February 2021
- Gold, Jeffrey P. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The Conditions Governing Access policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
The collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
The Conditions Governing Use policy of UNO Libraries' Archives and Special Collections is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/archives-policies.php.
Biographical / Historical
Many Omaha businesses and citizens gave their notes, emails, and other materials to this collection. Living under a pandemic was difficult, and people wanted to preserve their experiences.
.25 Cubic Feet
2 Items (Masks)
Language of Materials
Both paper and digital files are currently being processed.
Statement on Harmful Material: Materials in UNO Libraries’ Archives and Special Collections are historical in nature and reflect the society in which they were produced. As such, they may contain racial, gender, sexual, religious, and other language and imagery that are offensive by today's standards. The documents, images, publications, and other materials have been retained in order to fully represent the materials in their original format. If the offensive text is not in the original, but in a finding aid, catalog record, or other description created by library employees, please contact Archives and Special Collections to bring this to our attention. Archives & Special Collections is guided by the core values of the Society of American Archivists. If you have questions about this statement or about Archives and Special Collections’ work, we welcome your feedback. Please contact us at email@example.com or 402-554-6046.
- COVID-19 (Disease) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Commencement ceremonies -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coronavirus infections Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coronaviruses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Small business -- Nebraska -- Planning Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- digital moving image formats Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Omaha Covid-19 Collection
- Angela Kroeger, Lori Schwartz, and Maureen Kalkowski-Farrand
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States