African-American and Jewish Collaboration and Conflict Oral History Interviews
UNO adjunct instructor Jeannette Gabriel’s students collected oral history interviews in fall 2018 for the course History 2990: African-American and Jewish Collaboration and Conflict. The interviews were collected from Jewish and African American residents of Omaha. Individuals interviewed were: A’Jamal Byndon, Tuffy Epstein, and Richard Fellman.
- Gabriel, Jeannette A. (Creator, Person)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
2.12 Gigabytes (9 files) : Audio files (WAV files), Audio files (mp3 files), Word processing (doc files)
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Jeannette Gabriel’s students collected the interviews in fall 2018 for the course History 2990: African-American and Jewish Collaboration and Conflict. The students also created timepoints to facilitate access to the interviews, which were edited by Archives and Special Collections employees.
- African Americans -- Nebraska Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Nebraska Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MP3 Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nebraska -- Race relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- WAVE (format) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- African-American and Jewish Collaboration and Conflict Oral History Interviews
- Wendy Guerra; Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States