Lawrence Youngman Papers
This collection includes materials from Travel & Transport, Inc., Nebraska tourism, and Haulaway, Inc. Also included are materials gathered from Lawrence Youngman’s interest in Nebraska aviation and air travel in general and from the months he spent in Europe as an Omaha World-Herald correspondent during World War II.
- 1920s to 2011
- Youngman, Lawrence W., 1905-2003 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
10 Cubic Feet (Approximately 25 boxes, plus a few unboxed items) : Scrapbooks; newspaper clippings; books; photographs; videotapes; reports; artifacts; magazines.
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
The majority of these items were acquired by Judith Youngman Wigton in 2003, upon the death of her father Lawrence Youngman.
- Air travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Haulaway, Inc.
- NEBRASKAland Foundation, Inc.
- Reporters and reporting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tourism -- Nebraska Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Travel agents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Travel and Transport, Inc.
- War correspondents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youngman, Lawrence W., 1905-2003
- administrative reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- cultural artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- serials (publications) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- videotapes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wigton, Judith Youngman (Donor, Person)
- Wigton, James (Donor, Person)
- Lawrence Youngman Papers
- Les Valentine; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States