David and Kathy England Papers
The David and Kathy England Papers document their engagement with several Omaha-area LGBTQ+ organizations when their son came out to them as a young man. The Englands were actively involved with and in some cases founding members of a number of Omaha area organizations and initiatives including PFLAG, Proud Horizons, ANGLE (Achieving New Gay & Lesbian Endeavors), National Coming Out Day, Pride Prom, and others. The England family also appeared on the early 1990s talk show Jane hosted by Sassy and Jane magazines founder and media personality Jane Pratt. The episode topic was sets of twins with a sibling who was gay or lesbian and a sibling who was straight.
- Circa 1987-2010
- England, David (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at https://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/about-us/library-policies/index.php.
2.64 Cubic Feet (8 boxes) : Records (documents), Newsletters, Meeting minutes, Correspondence, Bibliographies
Language of Materials
Collection has not yet been arranged and described.
Material was created and collected by David and Kathy England with some organizational records received from Bob Dorr when he was no longer active in the PFLAG organization.
This gift was made in honor of Kathy England.
- A.N.G.L.E., Incorporated
- Parents of gays Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parents of sexual minority youth Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Proud Horizons
- Queer Omaha Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Sexual minorities -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tom Mahony Pride Prom
- bibliographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- David and Kathy England Papers
- In Progress
- Amy Schindler; Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States