UNO Maverick Productions Records
Scope and Contents
The UNO Student Programming Organization Records consist of materials produced by SPO from about 1997 until about 2005. Included are the Homecoming binders for 2003/2004 and 2004/2005, which contain proposals, promotional material, Gateway newspaper articles, award information, candidate information, prep-work, rules, club information, grievances, photographs, and floppy disks. Also included are binders filled with Gateway newspaper advertisements from 1997 through 2000, and a box containing scrapbooks, photographs, news clippings, and other material documenting the organization's activities, circa 1970-1989. This collection has not yet been further arranged and described.
New material added 2015-10-09: The records of Maverick Productions or Mav Pro documents the student programming board’s public events, planning, and interpersonal relationships. The collection includes event posters, scrapbooks and albums, as well as some promotional material provided by entertainers. Recent national performers documented in the collection include comedians Tracy Morgan, Jim Gaffigan, and Nick Swardson. Mav Pro’s photo albums and scrapbooks document the organizations public events as well as the social events for members of the organization.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Maverick Productions (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
9.17 Cubic Feet (6 boxes, 2 framed items)
Accession records are incomplete or absent for material received prior to 2014. Material added 2015-10-09: Maverick Productions was cleaning out their office before moving. Libby Kane contacted Archives and Special Collections and delivered the material.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Nebraska at Omaha. Maverick Productions.
Collection has not yet been further arranged and described.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Nebraska at Omaha -- Students
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Maverick Productions -- Records and correspondence
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Student Programming Organization -- Records and correspondence
- awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- floppy disks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- UNO Student Programming Organization Records
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 5th edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States