UNO Department of Gerontology Collection
Scope and Contents
The UNO Department of Gerontology Collection comprises works produced by and resources used by the Gerontology Program at the University of Nebraska at Omaha from about 1975 until about 2010. It includes various research reports, conference proceedings, and programs; "Planning the Third Age" (1976) facilitator's manual, student worksheets, slides, and audio cassettes; "Celebrate: A Collection of Writings By and About Women" (serial, 1997-2010); audio cassette recordings of "The Enduring Spirit: Women as We Age" conference (1995); a sensory deprivation simulation with book, slides, and audio; the "Retirement" board game (1975); and the "Coming of Old Age in Samoa" slides, index, and audio cassette (1979).
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of Gerontology (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
5.7 Cubic Feet (81 volumes, 5 binders, 5 envelopes, 3 boxes, 10 media cases)
The collection has not been further arranged and described.
Some volumes have been cataloged and may be found by searching the library catalog.
Transferred from the Department of Gerontology to the Criss Library prior to 2014. Further accession details are incomplete or absent.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of Gerontology
Collection has not yet been further arranged and described.
Books from this collection were cataloged by Angela Kroeger in 2017.
- Gerontology -- Research -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gerontology -- Simulation games Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of Gerontology
- audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- board games (game sets) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- official reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- proceedings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- slides (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- UNO Department of Gerontology Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States