UNO College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences Records
Scope and Contents
The UNO College of Education Records comprise the organizational records (1965-2001) of and resources (1948-2004) used by the University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Education, including the Teacher Corps program (1970-1981). Teacher training resources include the School Building Construction Clinic books (1948), information about Nebraska schools, manuals, resource guides, handbooks, a card file of people and organizations, the Thinking About Thinking filmstrip series with audiocassettes, and a series of reel-to-reel videotapes. Bound reports include accreditation reports (1974, 1981, 1991, 2001), the Directory of Most Commonly Visited Schools in Nebraska and Iowa (1997-2000); the Committee on the Future report (1965); the Admissions Standards Committee reports and records (1994-1995); and various other reports, assessment packets, and applications. Books include Glancing Over our Shoulder: A History of the University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Education 1908-2008 and a series of twenty culture-oriented American Indian educational booklets produced by the College of Education (1975). Materials that have not been further arranged and described include files (circa 1980 to circa 2000) of information regarding various reports, projects (including Goal III and Omaha 2000), policies, assessment, surveys, and events (including the Women's Walk). The boundary between Teacher Corps materials and other teaching materials used by the College of Education is not clearly defined. Identifiable Teacher Corps materials include assessments, case studies, training materials, Teacher Corps evaluations, Corps Member Training Institute (CMTI) documents, and booklets created by Teacher Corps members.
New material added 2016-06-30: The College of Education material includes meeting minutes from College of Education committees, including the graduate committee (1998-1999), College of Education Faculty (1998-2010), College of Education Administrators (1998-2010), AS&P Committee (1996-2011), and other committees (1998-2010).
New material added 2022-09-01: Department of Biomechanics Records series and School of Health and Kinesiology Records series.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Access to AS&P Committee records restricted to University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Education staff and faculty. Other portions of this collection are open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
12.11 Cubic Feet (19 boxes, 28 binders, 1 folder, 14 videotape reels, 1 container of filmstrips and audio cassettes, 1 index file)
Certain subsets of the material, namely the Educational Administration and Supervision Ph.D. Program Records and the Philosophy in the Elementary School System Collection, have been arranged and described separately. Other materials have not yet been further arranged and described.
Some books have been cataloged for the University Archives book collection. These may be found by searching the library's catalog.
Much of the material was received by the Criss Library prior to 2011. Accession details prior to 2011 are incomplete or absent. In 2011, Marsha Vance, Business Manager of the College of Education, transferred five boxes of files to the Criss Library.
New material added 2016-06-30: Meeting minutes were stored in binders in the College of Education. Paul Barnes contacted Archives & Special Collections regarding the possible transfer on 6/27/16 and Kimberly Meeks, College of Education, arranged the transfer of the records.
New material added 2022-09-01: These materials arrived in University Archives via a variety of channels. Folders were transferred from the University Archives File Cabinet Collection. Reports were transferred from the UNO Athletics Collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education
Processed by Criss Library staff prior to 2014.
Books in the collection were cataloged in 2016.
- Municipal University of Omaha. College of Education -- Records and correspondence
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education -- Records and correspondence
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences -- Records and correspondence
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Teacher Corps Developmental Training Activities
- audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- filmstrips Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- videotapes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. College of Education (Organization)
- National Teacher Corps (U.S.) (Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Center for Urban Education (Organization)
- UNO College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences Records
- Angela Kroeger; Amy Schindler
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- 3rd edition
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 18 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 19 (Mixed Materials)
- Item: Loose AV items (Mixed Materials)
- Item: Loose textual materials (Mixed Materials)
- Volume: 2016-069.1-26 (Mixed Materials)
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States