UNO Media Collection
Scope and Contents
Staff may view an inventory of some items in the collection in the early 2000s in the staff view of this database. The UNO Media Collection includes audiovisual material related to the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the University of Omaha, from circa 1950 to the present. Materials include both informal audio and video recordings of UNO events, UNO promotional/recruitment material, and formal radio and television programs produced by UNO Television, University Television, KYNE-TV, KVNO Radio, and other UNO media organizations. A small number of commercial and other non-UNO media items are also included. Series include, but are not limited to, the ABC Breakfast Series, Consider This, An Evening With…, Last Lectures, Midwest Roots, Poetry Nebraska, Reflections in Time, Tabletalk, TV Classroom, UNO Scene, UNOmaha: Partners in Progress, The Why of Modern Art, and the World Affairs Institute Series. Events recorded include interviews, lectures, ceremonies, celebrations, athletics banquets, sporting events (including the 1955 Tangerine Bowl), the UNO Diamond Jubilee (1982-1987), UNO commencement ceremonies, and other events.
Media formats in the collection include, but are not necessarily limited to, audiocassettes, reel-to-reel audio, reel-to-reel video, 16 mm film, 8 mm color film, VHS videocassettes, U-Matic videocassettes, vinyl LPs, CDs, and DVDs. A large portion of the collection is unprocessed and uncataloged. Some of the materials in the collection are cataloged and searchable in the library catalog.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
87.5 Cubic Feet (2248 items, 15 boxes)
Language of Materials
Cataloged materials are in Library of Congress call number order.
Uncataloged materials have not yet been further arranged or described.
Accession records are incomplete or absent. The materials originated with a diverse range of UNO offices, departments, and organizations and arrived in University Archives via a variety of channels.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Nebraska at Omaha
New materials are transferred to the Criss Library on an irregular schedule.
Processed by Criss Library staff prior to 2014.
- 3/4-inch Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Betacam-SP Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Municipal University of Omaha
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- VHS (TM) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- compact discs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- motion pictures (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- phonograph records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- radio programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- tape reels Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- television programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- videotapes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- UNO Media Collection
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Les Valentine; Angela Kroeger; Amy Schindler
- Edition statement
- 9th edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States