Missouri Valley History Conference Records
Scope and Contents
The Missouri Valley History Conference (MVHC) is an annual history conference organized by the University of Nebraska at Omaha Department of History. The first conference took place in 1958. Materials include conference programs, announcements, correspondence, information about individual sessions, material from UNO history professor Oliver Pollak, and miscellaneous material. The collection is primarily paper with one CD-ROM from the 50th conference. The conference includes papers and panels covering all areas of history. Much of the collection has been organized and is arranged chronologically. A complete box and folder list is not yet available online.
New material added 2015-07-01: MVHC programs, newsletters, correspondence, and materials pertaining to other conferences (1993-2013).
New material added 2016-05-17: Correspondence and publicity materials about Phi Alpha Theta and the MVHC. Also included are publicity pamphlets about the Department of History and the study of history in general. Materials created circa 1986-1996.
- 1958 - 2013
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History (Creator, Organization)
- Missouri Valley History Conference (Creator, Organization)
- Phi Alpha Theta. Omicron Chapter (University of Nebraska at Omaha) (Creator, Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
18.93 Cubic Feet (20 boxes)
Arranged by date in boxes and folders. Collection includes material that has not yet been further arranged and described.
MVHC materials are transferred to University Archives from the UNO Department of History.
New material added 2015-07-01: Materials gathered by Oliver Pollak during his attendance at and association with the Missouri Valley History Conference (1993-2013).
New material added 2016-05-17: Materials within this collection were generated by the UNO department of History, the Missouri Valley History Conference, and Phi Alpha Theta—the national history honorary society. These materials were collected over that past few years from the offices of retiring professors of History, and were transferred to the University Archives in May 2016 by Jo Headrick, the UNO History Department administrative assistant.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History.
New materials are transferred to the Criss Library on an irregular schedule.
Processed by Criss Library staff prior to 2014.
- CD-ROMs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- History -- Congresses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Missouri Valley History Conference -- Records and correspondence
- Phi Alpha Theta. Omicron Chapter (University of Nebraska at Omaha)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of History
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- proceedings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missouri Valley History Conference Records
- In Progress
- Angela Kroeger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Les Valentine
- Edition statement
- 3rd edition
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States