Nancy Belck Investiture Records
Scope and Contents
The Nancy Belck Investiture Records are comprised of materials related to Nancy Belck's installation as Chancellor of the University of Nebraska at Omaha on April 17, 1998. The collection includes certificates of greetings and congratulations presented to Belck by representatives of other universities, a signed copy of the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Since 1909 book, records of the Investiture Committee, invitations, programs, publicity information, photographs, negatives, lapel pins, and a recording on audiocassette of Chancellor Belck's introductory news conference from July 16, 1997.
- Belck, Nancy (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
3.6 Cubic Feet (3 binders, 2 record cartons, 1 Hollinger box)
Arranged into loose series: Series: Binders; Series: Certificates; Series: Miscellaneous.
Materials from Chancellor Nancy Belck were transferred to Archives following her resignation in 2006. The transfer was coordinated by Nancy Castilow, Assistant to the Chancellor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Nancy Castilow, Assistant to the Chancellor.
Processed by Criss Library staff prior to 2014.
- Academic rites and ceremonies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Belck, Nancy
- College administrators -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- invitations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- records (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- souvenir programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nancy Belck Investiture Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States