Vera Lundahl Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes material produced by Vera Lundahl throughout her life, printed material, and personal material. Works produced by Vera Lundahl throughout her life, from student papers to published works, including both print articles and VHS videos. In some cases, drafts as well as finished works are included. Print materials related to dance productions at University of Nebraska at Omaha during Vera's tenure, including programs, mailers, flyers, posters, correspondence, news clippings, schedules, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials. Print materials related to classes Vera Lundahl taught at UNO, as well as workshops, dance residencies, and other programs she arranged. Personal materials related to Vera's life and family, including photographs, event programs, artifacts, and other miscellaneous items. Print materials collected by Vera for her research on choreographers and dance, including a substantial assemblage of materials related to choreographer Alwin Nikolais, including programs, mailers, flyers, posters, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials.
- Lundahl, Vera (Creator, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
11 Cubic Feet (14 boxes, posters, galleys)
The collection is organized into seven series: Series I: UNO Teaching; Series II: Schooling; Series III: Publications; Series IV: Choreographer & Dance Research; Series V: UNO Performances; Series VI: Family; Series VII: Posters.
Collection of materials donated to the University of Nebraska at Omaha by Tom Lundahl in 2011, after Vera Lundahl's death.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Tom Lundahl, son of Vera Lundahl
Six books that belonged to Lundahl and contain marginalia have been separated from the collection and have been added to the University Archives book collection.
Processed by Angela Kroeger, Archives and Special Collections Associate, in September 2013-January 2014, and Colina Matthews, Archives and Special Collections student assistant, in April 2012-April 2013.
- Choreographers -- Research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance -- Study and teaching -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance companies -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lundahl, Vera
- Nikolais, Alwin
- Performing arts -- Nebraska -- Omaha Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation -- Faculty
- VHS (TM) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- card photographs (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- research notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vera Lundahl Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States