UNO Athletics June 2018 Accession, 1949-2011
Scope and Contents
There were a wide variety of materials in this large accession, including plaques, posters, photographs, awards, and athletic equipment/jerseys. The material was divided into those items that will be photocopied or photographed and discarded and those items that will be added to the University Archives. Most of the items to be discarded were wooden plaques honoring individuals or teams. Items retained include:
1) Five first year (1997-98) UNO Hockey posters; Transferred to UNO Poster Collection.
2) Four signed UNO Women’s basketball posters (2004-05), (2006-07), (2007-08), (2008-09); Transferred to UNO Poster Collection.
3) Three basketballs, including three signed;
4) One signed football;
5) Two vintage hockey pucks from the days of UNO club hockey;
7) Five examples of football jerseys worn in the NFL by former OU/UNO football players Jim Jones, Gerald Allen, Phil Wise, Dan Fulton and John Walker;
8) Large framed UNO football images signed by several former UNO players;
9) Framed print of UNO Hockey player Dan Ellis, dated February, 2001;
10) Framed pencil rendering of the Sapp Fieldhouse and stadium (1949);
11) Framed images of the UNO Women’s Soccer team (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2005);
13) Large photograph of UNO soccer players holding the trophy as the 2005 NCAA Division II national champions;
15) Framed NCAA News article (12/19/2005) covering the UNO victory over Seattle Pacific in the 2005 NCAA Division II women’s soccer championship game;
17) Circular token honoring the beginning of UNO NCAA Division I athletics (2011).
18) Three copies of the DVD NCC (North Central Conference) Celebrating the History 1921-2008. Transferred to UNO Media Collection
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Department of Athletics (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
4 Cubic Feet (5 boxes) : Athletic equipment; framed photographs; plaques; posters; artifacts; DVDs
Language of Materials
These materials were gathered over the years by UNO Athletics and stored in the basement of Sapp Fieldhouse. The need to free up Athletics storage space prompted the transfer of these items to University Archives in June 2018.
- Baseball Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Basketball Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Football Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hockey Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soccer Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wrestling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- balls (object genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- cultural artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- jerseys Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- plaques (flat objects) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States