Hagel Archives, Photographs, 1923-2015
Scope and Contents Note
The Photographs Series contains ten subseries that date from 1923 to 2015. Images cover Chuck Hagel’s life from his childhood to his years in the U.S. Senate to his retirement as U.S. Secretary of Defense. These images provide a compelling visual take on both the private and public life of Hagel as he navigated many different spheres in service to the people of Nebraska and the United States.
The series contains 9.5 cubic feet of foldered materials including photographs and negatives. The majority of images are housed in folders. The remaining images are housed on CD. Descriptions for all ten subseries are found under their respective headings.
Conditions Governing Access
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
13 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- CD-ROMs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph collections Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Congress -- Senate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Department of Defense -- Office of the Secretary of Defense Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Veterans Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- digital images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States