Hagel Archives, Schedules, 1995 - 2008
Scope and Contents
A rich set of daily schedules and appointment books brings us into Senator Hagel's busy life on and off Capitol Hill. The daily schedules, 55 cubic feet, cover his twelve years in the U.S. Senate. Schedules include entries on his meetings, public and private events, speeches, interviews, trips to every corner of Nebraska, travel outside the United States, and his personal life. Hagel’s meetings and events were wide-ranging and associated with committee work, legislation, senate hearings, current events, and personal interest. They were held with constituents, Nebraska and foreign officials, interest groups, and friends. Below are the types of material found throughout the folders.
1) The Daily Schedules themselves, including multiple versions of those schedules when the archivist could not identify the final version.
2) Memorandums generally containing discussion points for meetings, background information about key meeting or event participants (resumes, biographies, articles), and logistical information. Depending on the meeting or event format, memorandums might include notes on issues and bills that Senator Hagel supported or opposed.
3) Event protocol materials from meeting and event coordinators / hosts, including meeting agendas, schedules, participant lists, and background information on discussion topics.
4) Correspondence, including event invitations, speaking/meeting requests, scheduling discussions, and follow up “Thank You” letters.
5) Miscellaneous materials, including news articles, funding documents, and informational pamphlets / brochures.
- 1995 - 2008
Conditions Governing Access
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
55 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- Nebraska -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Congress -- Senate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- schedules (time plans) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Archives & Special Collections Repository
Archives & Special Collections
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States