Durham, Charles W.
Chuck Durham met Margre Henningson while he was a student at Iowa State University. Chuck graduated from ISU with G.E. (1939), C.E. (1940), and PD (1945) degrees in engineering. In 1940, he moved to Omaha to work for Margre's father, Henning Henry Henningson, at the Henningson Engineering Company. Within ten years Durham was a full partner and the company's name had changed to Henningson, Durham, and Richardson, Inc. (HDR). The Durham family have made significant named donations to UNO, including Henningson Memorial Campanile, Durham Science Center, and the Charles W. Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction.
Philanthropic and Civic Achievements: Director of the Panama Canal Co., Director the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, President and Director of Chief Executives Organization, President and National Director of the Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers, Board Chairman of the Mid-America Council of Boy Scouts of America.
Named Donations: Iowa State University, The Charles W. Durham and Marge Henningson Durham Center for Computation and Communication. Durham Great Hall, Iowa State Memorial Union. H.H. Henningson Plaza (next to Howe Hall) donated by Durham in honor of his father-in-law. Durham Visualization Laboratory, University of Nebraska Omaha. Durham Science Center. Charles W. Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction. Charles W. and Margre H. Durham Distinguished Professor of Information Science and Technology. University of Nebraska Medical Center, Durham Research Center & Durham Research Plaza. Durham Research Center II. The Durham Museum. 
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Chuck Hagel's personal correspondence from 1997-2015. Arranged chronologically in 22 boxes (boxes 5-27). Bulk of the material is from his time in the U.S. Senate (1997-2009).