Burnett, E. A. (Edgar Albert), 1865-1941
The Board of Regents established the Department of Animal Husbandry in 1898 and E. A. Burnett was hired to be the Head of the Department in 1899. Burnett had only two faculty members in his fledgling department that first year, Professor C.H. Elmendorf and Professor H.R. Smith. His titles while at the University included Chancellor of the University of Nebraska, Dean, College of Agriculture, and Director, Experiment Station.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This series of records includes alphabetical correspondence from individuals or programs associated with the University.
The collection consists of E.A. Burnett's correspondence and letterpress books from 1903 to 1927. The letters include general and university correspondence during his time as department head as well as correspondence with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and experimental stations in North Platte, Scottsbluff, Valentine, and Culbertson, Nebraska.
This record group includes speeches written and presented by Avery during his term as University of Nebraska chancellor along with associated articles. The majority of speeches are those given at the university or in Nebraska, unless otherwise noted.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by subject and covers a wide range of topics related to university administration and activities. Among the subjects are: university events such as honors day, charter day, convocations and commencements; student financial aid and scholarships; military training and the War Department; budgets and planning; campus buildings; faculty and staff; the Board of Regents; University Foundation; and educational associations.
This correspondence includes letters to and from individuals associated with the University of Nebraska, organized alphabetically by last name.
This collection contains letterpress books with correspondence from Superintendents F.W. Taylor, E.A. Burnett and W.P. Synder.