University of Nebraska at Omaha. University Library
The University Library was the previous name of the Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library, the academic library serving the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Omaha founded its first library in 1912. It was originally housed in Joslyn Hall on the original University of Omaha campus. Following the 1931 transition from the University of Omaha to the Municipal University of Omaha, the library was housed in a wooden annex building. In 1938, when OU moved to the new campus at 60th and Dodge Streets, the library was moved into a room in the building later known as Arts and Sciences Hall. From 1955 through 1976 (through the 1968 transition from the University of Omaha to the University of Nebraska at Omaha), the library was known as the Eugene C. Eppley Library, and it was housed in the building later known as the Eppley Administration Building. In 1976, it moved into a new building and became known as the University Library. In 2006, in conjunction with a building expansion and renovation, the name was changed to the Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library.
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Title as listed in guide to series : Review of the history of the U.N.O. Library.
Original format: VHS.
The Janice Boyer Papers include materials related to Janice Boyer's 25 year career at the University of Nebraska at Omaha Criss Library (formerly known as the University Library), 1986-2012. Materials include documents related to library planning, projects, committees, and computer systems.
The Robert S. Runyon Papers include materials related to Robert S. Runyon's tenure as Director (1978-1999) and Dean (1999-2001) of the Criss Library (then called the University Library) at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Materials include library and university planning documents and information about library projects, committees, events, and policies.