University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Department of Biological Systems Engineering.
Previously known as the Agricultural Engineering before March 1990.
The Biological Systems Engineering Department got its start when Oscar Van Pelt Stout established the Department of Agricultural Engineering in 1895. A four year agricultural engineering degree was officially created in 1908 (as Farm Mechanics) and accredited in 1937. In the 1980s, the Department of Agricultural Engineering was divided into several programs including farmstead, soil and water, power and machinery, food, measurements, and expert systems engineering. It was renamed the Department of Biological Systems Engineering in 1990, and is the first accredited program of its kind in the United States.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of microfilm records from various weather stations in Nebraska.
This is the newsletter for the Biological Systems Engineering unit of the Department of Agricultural Engineering.
Biological Systems Newsletter from 1990-2003.
The collection includes printed materials as well as a history of the UNL Biological Systems Engineering department, which was called Agricultural Engineering before March 1990.
Director’s files including correspondence, subject files, and budget files for the Department of Agricultural Engineering (now Biological Systems Engineering).
The Biological Systems Engineering, Department History contains publications and photographs related to the history of the Biological Systems Engineering Department. Significant photograph subjects include Agricultural Engineering class photos, staff and faculty portraits, L.W. Chase Hall, Energy Farm (Mead, Nebraska), Nebraska Tractor Test Lab, and Tractor Power and Safety Day.
The collection consists of photographic negatives, prints, slides, and films from the Agricultural Engineering Department. Included are images of agricultural machinery, livestock, crops, vehicles, infrastructure, farm outbuildings and other buildings, building materials, and landscape modifications.
The collection consists agricultural engineering project reports from 1906-1962.