Skip to main content

George & Company

 Organization

Biography

George & Company was a real estate company in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded in 1890 as the Potter & George Company, and became George & Company circa 1900, when the company was taken over by brothers Charles C. George and John Edward George. Charles C. George had served the company as secretary and manager since 1890, and after 1900 served as president for many years.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Happy Hollow, Dundee and Fairacres [map], circa 1915-1925, 2019-02-07

 Item
Identifier: MSS0032_happy-hollow-dundee-and-fairacres
Scope and Contents A color map of Happy Hollow, Dundee, and Fairacres, Omaha. Published by George & Company, Agents, City National Bank Building, Omaha. The publication date is not printed on the map, but "June 1915" is handwritten in the margin in the lower right corner. The map has been marked with handwritten annotations in black ink and in red, green, and blue pencil. Some blank areas (presumably open fields at the time the map was printed) are outlined in red pencil and marked with dates--1921, 1923,...
Dates: circa 1915-1925; Digitized: 2019-02-07

Happy Hollow: Omaha's most desirable residence district where one look means a lot [brochure], circa 1925-1930, 2019-02-07

 Item
Identifier: MSS0032_happy-hollow-development-brochure
Scope and Contents Happy Hollow development brochure, titled "Happy Hollow: Omaha's most desirable residence district where one look means a lot," published by George and Company and T.H. Maenner Co. This undated brochure includes a map of the Happy Hollow district of Omaha, showing which lots had been sold and which were still available at the time the brochure was printed. The map is bounded by J. E. George Blvd. on the west, Happy Hollow Blvd. on the east, Western Ave. on the north, and Underwood Ave. on...
Dates: circa 1925-1930; Digitized: 2019-02-07