Chi Omega, Kappa Chapter
The national fraternity of Chi Omega was organized at the University of Arkansas on April 5, 1895. The Kappa Chapter was established at the University of Nebraska in 1903 with ten charter members. It was the sixth fraternity for women at the University. The open declaration of the sorority is "Hellenic Culture and Christian Ideals". In accordance with the organization's national policy, the Kappa chapter of Nebraska was begun for social and civic purposes. The Kappa chapter has a long history of involvement in social causes. By 1928, Chi Omega boasted seventy active chapters. It continued to grow nationwide and it still remains an active organization on campuses across the country, including Nebraska's.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Chi Omega, Kappa Chapter, Student Life Records
The collection consists of photographs, rush books, clippings, and 23 scrapbooks from the University of Nebraska's Kappa Chapter of Chi Omega.