Skip to main content

Hayden House (Omaha, Neb.)


The Hayden House, also known as Annex 24, was one of six homes purchased by the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1970. The building was constructed in 1926 and was home to Ophelia Hayden (1889-1972). As UNO's Annex 24, the building at various times served as home to the School of Gerontology, the Goodrich Program, and the Office of the Dean of the College of Public Affairs and Community Service. In 2010, the UNO Welcome Center moved into the Hayden House.


Reed, Charles. "Heydays of the Hayden House." Circa 2010. [Formerly located at - As of 1/26/2016, this article is no longer found on UNO website.]

Wolff-Langdon, Mary. "Remnants of a bygone era are still part of campus." Gateway. November 20, 1981.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Ophelia Hayden House Photographs, circa 1926

 File — Box: unnumbered
Scope and Contents Two photographs of the OphePhilia Hayden house located at 200 Elmwood Road, circa 1926. Matted in a single frame.
Dates: circa 1926