Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Jeffrey P. Gold Investiture Records

 Collection — Box: 2019-059
Identifier: UNO-0255
Content Description This collection includes publicity materials and guides to the investiture ceremony of Professor Jeffrey P. Gold on September 4, 2019.
Dates: September 2019

Nancy Belck Investiture Records

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0020
Scope and Contents The Nancy Belck Investiture Records are comprised of materials related to Nancy Belck's installation as Chancellor of the University of Nebraska at Omaha on April 17, 1998. The collection includes certificates of greetings and congratulations presented to Belck by representatives of other universities, a signed copy of the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Since 1909 book, records of the Investiture Committee, invitations, programs, publicity information, photographs, negatives, lapel...
Dates: 1997-1998