Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

UNO Alumni Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0048
Scope and Contents The UNO Alumni Association Records are the records of the Alumni Association of the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the University of Omaha. The collection includes an alumni directory (2007); Alumni Association Board of Directors meeting minutes (paper and microfilm, 1915-1987); financial records (1976-2006); the Board of Directors binder from Alumni Association President Ellen Gast (1972); resource guide; correspondence; drafts; news articles; notes about alumni...
Dates: 1937-2009