Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

University of Nebraska at Omaha, Arcadia Publishing, 2006-2007

 Series — Box: 4
Scope and Contents

This is a collection of materials generated during writing of University of Nebraska at Omaha (2007) by Oliver B. Pollak and Les Valentine, a title in the Arcadia Publishing Campus History Series. The collection includes correspondence, newspaper articles, written notes, and rough draft photocopies. These materials predominantly date to circa 2006-2007.

Dates: 2006-2007