Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Orville Menard Papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UNO-0185
Scope and Contents The Orville Menard collection includes his diplomas from OU and the University of Nebraska, a program from the 1961 commencement ceremony, a photograph from 1954 of three men playing hockey, and a white "Omaha U. / OUampi" t-shirt. University Archives staff added a copies of his obituary from the time of Menard's death in January 2014.In 1991, Menard offered audio recordings of 25 oral history interviews he completed in 1979-1980, some with Prof. Harl Dahlstrom, to the...
Dates: 1951-2014

UNO Athletics Collection

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0074
Scope and Contents The UNO Athletics Collection comprises a large and diverse array of materials related to the various athletics programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the Municipal University of Omaha, including scrapbooks, photographic formats, artifacts and memorabilia, trophies and awards, papers of athletics department faculty and staff, paintings, news and publicity material, and blueprints from about 1924 to the present. Included are materials related to specific sports...
Dates: 1924-2019