Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Del Weber Awards and Honors Collection

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0084
Scope and Contents The Del Weber Awards and Honors Collection contains various awards and honors bestowed upon Delbert D. Weber during his time as Chancellor of the University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1977-1997. The collection includes framed awards, certificates, photographs, artwork, and political cartoons; certificates in padded folders; wall plaques; desk plaques; medals and medallions; t-shirts, ball cap, Japanese cloth, Japanese paddles, and other artifacts; and an audio cassette recording of Del Weber's...
Dates: 1977-1997