Skip to main content

University of Nebraska at Omaha

 Organization

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Del Weber Papers

 Collection — Box: 2016-091
Identifier: UNO-0094
Scope and Contents The Del Weber Papers comprise the paper files accumulated by Delbert Weber during his term as Chancellor of the University of Nebraska at Omaha (1977-1997). The files include correspondence, reports, memos, meeting minutes, forms, and other print records of the operations of the University of Nebraska at Omaha. These files have not yet been organized.New material added 2016-03-15: This collection includes 1) Materials generated following Professor Weber’s announcement that he was...
Dates: 1977-2016

Nancy Belck Investiture Records

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0020
Scope and Contents The Nancy Belck Investiture Records are comprised of materials related to Nancy Belck's installation as Chancellor of the University of Nebraska at Omaha on April 17, 1998. The collection includes certificates of greetings and congratulations presented to Belck by representatives of other universities, a signed copy of the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Since 1909 book, records of the Investiture Committee, invitations, programs, publicity information, photographs, negatives, lapel...
Dates: 1997-1998

Omicron Delta Kappa Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UNO-0214
Scope and Contents The records of UNO's chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, 1949-2001, include two scrapbooks and a ledger of meeting minutes. The earliest scrapbook includes material about the Arrow Society, ODK's predecessor on the OU campus in 1949.New material added 2017-05-08: This collection includes materials generated while organizing ODK breakfasts, initiations, and other events—including correspondence, programs, and photographic slides. A few ODK-related VHS videotapes are also...
Dates: 1949-2015

Orville Menard Papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UNO-0185
Scope and Contents The Orville Menard collection includes his diplomas from OU and the University of Nebraska, a program from the 1961 commencement ceremony, a photograph from 1954 of three men playing hockey, and a white "Omaha U. / OUampi" t-shirt. University Archives staff added a copies of his obituary from the time of Menard's death in January 2014.In 1991, Menard offered audio recordings of 25 oral history interviews he completed in 1979-1980, some with Prof. Harl Dahlstrom, to the...
Dates: 1951-2014

UNO Athletics Collection

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0074
Scope and Contents The UNO Athletics Collection comprises a large and diverse array of materials related to the various athletics programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the Municipal University of Omaha, including scrapbooks, photographic formats, artifacts and memorabilia, trophies and awards, papers of athletics department faculty and staff, paintings, news and publicity material, and blueprints from about 1924 to the present. Included are materials related to specific sports...
Dates: 1924-2019

UNO Proposal to Construct a Fine Arts Complex on the Clark Property

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UNO-0196
Scope and Contents Records of a 1987 proposal to construct a fine arts complex for the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Includes schematic drawings, photographs of the proposed sites, documents, and correspondence about a proposed fine arts complex on the south edge of UNO campus for the use of university and community arts organizations. The proposed complex would have been on land in Elmwood Park, which donated to the city of Omaha by Ben Cowdery and Mrs. W. Dale Clark. Use of that land was controversial,...
Dates: 1987